100th Post! A Special Announcement!
Sorry there’s no Energy chapter this week. It’ll resume it’s normal schedule next week. My new schedule is at the end of this post.
In the mean time, I did it, guys! I set out to accomplish a goal and I did it! This year feels very important to me. I’m more productive and more on task, but more conflicted than ever. I decided at the beginning of this year that I would take things one step at a time and pace myself. Every mistake I’ve ever made has been in haste so I don’t want to repeat that pattern. I’m in the middle of some important decisions and I’m really thinking hard about them, but most importantly I’m not letting them get in the way of my art. Writing is my dream and I’m determined to be successful! So without further ado I’ll be revealing my newest project!
I mentioned Kléronomos earlier this year a couple of times, but not in detail so over the course of the next few months I’ll be posting pictures, character designs, music, and some teasers! Starting with the basic synopsis.
Charlie Howell was a music prodigy since she was a little girl, but as she grew she began to notice the strange world around her that nobody else seemed to see. The ghosts and monsters passed her by with little interest and her sightings were snuffed off as jokes until the day of a school performance where she sat in the wood wind section. After an outburst of panic on stage her life began to unravel until she decided that quitting music was the only way to make the monsters go away. After years of trying to escape them she makes a fatal mistake one night and is cursed by a demon. If she can stay awake for five days the demon will disappear, but if she falls asleep she will be eaten alive.
Kléronomos will be an ongoing series of short books or novelettes that center around Charlie and an ancient Greek dragon named Mr. Sofós who is trapped in the body of an owl. It will be lightly illustrated and accompanied by several scores as Charlie must play a special ocarina in order to give Mr. Sofós the power to become a dragon. The first book will follow the above plot while paving the way for an on going plot that will unravel slowly over the coarse of the series. I do not have a set amount of books for this story as I plan to have fun with it for as long as I am able. :)
Book One: Sofós will be available for purchase this summer.
I’d like to take this time to formally end my 100 days of posts. I will no longer be posting everyday, but I will still be keeping a schedule. Now that I’ve kept up with posting everyday I know I can do this! So the schedule will be as follows.
- Monday: Comic Update
- Currently ongoing: My Ghost & My Monster
- I’m planning for Lucy’s Tail to come off of hiatus in May. Possibly sooner, but we will see.
- Wednesday: Blog Post
- I’ll be using this day to continue posting art, character profiles, updates, and more!
- Saturday: Energy 24/6!
- Currently ongoing: Book One: Love, Koichi
- There will be a chapter a week until Book One is finished then there will be a short break before Book Two begins serializing.
- Sunday: Reserved for one of the following
- Recommendation Lists. These will range from Anime & Manga to Books to music. It’ll just be a way for me to gush about things I love, really. Isn’t that what blogs are all about?
- Artist Features. This was part of my 100 days of posts but I will probably keep doing them. I don’t know how contestant I will be though.
- Tutorials and Educational Posts. I’ve been writing some story building exercises and step by steps down. I also want to do some more eye tutorials and stuff so when I get around to them they’ll be posted on Sundays. :)
That’s all! Until next time!